Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Call To Action

It's late and I know tomorrow I'll wish I had been more prudent, but the thoughts in my are louder than my fatigue right now.  Since my last post I've learned a good many life lessons.
* One - Statistics hold far more significance when they deal with life
* Two - Verbs are action-words -- Thus, these words should elicit ACTION...

I feel a little sheepish putting my thoughts to cyber-page.  After last week lauding the concept of waiting.  Yes, I believed it clever to relate my "waiting woes" in a watery-analogy.  Boy, howdy, am I glad that God loves us where we are, because sometimes I can be waist-high in stupidity!
What spurred this revelation? - -- one phone call....
     Friday afternoon I received the call that I was to be 'on alert' -- a kidney was available and I and another girl each had a 50% chance of being the recipient.  50/50 -- People bet on far less odds...
I'd like to say my first thought was excitement and gratitude -- it wasn't -- Actually, those thoughts didn't even register top three.  First thought -- ' I sure hope I have clean underwear',  and secondly, ' I really wish I'd cleaned my house'.... The next few hours I waited for a call that did not come.  But what did come was an amazing lesson.
Wait -- is a verb, but I've been treating it as a noun.  Just acting as a passive bystander casued me to be caught off-guard.  It got me to thinking how I need to be prepared mentally and physically -- to the best degree I know how.  So, yes, I do have a bag packed -- my undies are clean, my house is, hmm, getting cleaner (Rome wasn't built in a day, you know) -- but above all else, I'm working on my relationship with Christ -- taking time to worship Him while I'm waiting, Praise Him while I'm waiting.  So in His timing I can be the woman He desires me to be!
*on a side note -- I would ask that you pray for me as I actively wait for God's timing for a kidney and also for continued health and strength as I begin a new chapter in my professional life....  Thanks --V

No comments:

Post a Comment