Tuesday, February 11, 2014


So it seems that in addition to driving, handling heavy machinery and shopping… stovetops and skillets should also be avoided when under the influence of sedation.

I had a major overhaul to my fistula today – 2 accessory vessels coiled, 4 angioplasties, 3 insertion sites, 2 slipknots and one stitch (all terms I’m sure I heard them use…while I was sedated)….  And know I’m left with two miniature slinkies in my left arm (I wonder if I’ll set off the metal detectors), a newly re-jiggered fistula,  two burnt fingers and a throbbing arm.  ‘Where’ you may ask, did my burns come from?  In a semi-lucid state, while using my fingers as a grilled cheese flipper, I may have inadvertently grasped the side of the skillet.  On the bright side, it took my mind off my throbbing arm for a while & its super handy, when the ice pack on my arm gets to frigid I just slide it down to my fingers – win. winJ

I know I’ve been ‘radio-silent’ for a few weeks & I want to remedy that soon.  I’ll just end tonight by saying I’m okay and I appreciate the outpouring of love and prayers – I treasure the blessings of my family and friends. Thanks for all the support – I’ll have more to write when I can fully account for what I’m saying;) With all my love, Vanessa

Let all that I am praise the Lord, with my whole heart I will praise His holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord. May I never forget the good things he does for me! Psalm 103:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment