Wednesday, January 23, 2013

This week has been rough.  I seem to have caught a raging cold  and in the words of my hemo nurse today its 'kickin' my butt'.   Today's treatment was just another issue to add to the plus column of getting a fistula.  Each time I coughed or sneezed I set off the arterial alarms, requiring a nurse to reset the machine with each outburst.  And each reset adds additional time to my treatment.  I must not have looked so great either, because I got more questions of 'you doing okay?' from nurses and techs resetting my machine.  In truth I would have loved to just burrow under the covers and slip into blissful oblivion until I was rid of this bug. 
I also got word of the final sensitivity testing -- it seems I'm on the one of the few antibiotics that isn't resistent to my abdominal infection.  I made multiple calls yesterday trying to expedite surgery for fistula creation.  I'm having to remind myself to trust God and be patient -- funny -- I've had so many opportunities to trust Christ and wait paitiently for God's timing -- and still,   it comes far less naturally then I would want.  God is good to remind me of His promises, but today is one of those days when its a little harder to remember.  But it is on these kind of days when I am restless because of leg cramps, but too tired to do anything about it that God uses others to remind me of His love -- so thankful for His faithfulness, even on my rough days!
~V

No comments:

Post a Comment