Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I’ve been distracted lately…. And I like it!  Background noise and busyness have been terrific distractions.  But last night I got a big dose of quiet – ever found quiet disquieting?   When the distractions are stripped away I’m left with stillness and my thoughts and a riot of emotions.  If it truly was a hamster running my brain’s wheel, he’d be winded and dizzy.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against the thinking, but it’s the worry that often comes on those thoughts’ heels that I hate.  I spent a good measure of time confessing my fears to God last night.  I’m not without nervousness (and yes Jo, even a little freaked out at times), but the Lord is so amazingly generous with His peace, especially when I ask.  When I was done recounting my concerns and fears, they didn’t seem so daunting.  This morning I was having some anxiety before I left for dialysis – because it’s a new month I was anticipating a change in the nurse who would stick me – all the staff that care for me are excellent, but there’s a few that seem to have me more figured out.  I prayed and asked the Lord to please let me have K or P.  And then I prayed for strength, acceptance and a good attitude no matter what happened or who stuck me.  When I got to dialysis I had both K & P taking care of me and I had a good treatment – I suppose it might seem like a small thing, maybe even silly, but the Lord gladdened my heart so greatly!  I was reminded how very much He cares for me and concerns Himself with the things that concern me!  How awesome is that?  To know that He cares about the big & small things in my life – it encourages me!  Last two thoughts of the day are both borrowed…
Philippians 4:6-7  Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  AND...

No comments:

Post a Comment