Monday, November 1, 2010

Sink or Swim? Being Still or Still Waiting...

My keyboard’s keys have been quiet for a long time – what’s that you say?  Blessed respite?  Peaceful silence?  LOL… Well, in the words of my dear sister, I have been an “unfaithful tomato”….
This post is an update to those interested, but mostly it stands as a road-marker on my most current life’s journey.  
Since my most recent post I can tell you that….I know absolutely nothing more… *sigh*, not so exciting is it?  Now, I know that sounds cynical and self-defeating, and maybe that’s how I’ve felt during the first 28 days without news, but as each day passes I’m learning something….   P..a..t..i..e..n..c..e… Yes, for some it’s patience, but for me it really is P….a….t…  OK, you get the picture.  I’m the one who’s a little thick-skulled, not you ;)  
I’ve proclaimed a lot of ‘bits of wisdom’ and lessons God has brought to light in this journey, but perhaps the loudest, most persistent, and dare I say it, most positively aggravating, has been  WAIT.
I detest ‘anti-climax’ – the thrill of any thing worth-while (movie, skit, music, etc…)  is the crescendo leading to the pinnacle of all the work’s focus and then the big TADA! 
My ‘TADA’ went taSP-LAAT – My big crescendo landed a belly-buster!  
At the beginning of this journey I had expectations, of myself, of my doctors, my family/friends…. And of my God.  Eight months later, all my expectations have been blown outta-the-water. 
So,  to sum it all up…. I am waiting…  I don’t know for how long, but I am learning that waiting is work, it’s not my wish to wait, but it is my desire to be the person God wants me to become – and right now, that molding is coming from my learning to practice trust.  It’s like swimming (or my brand of buoyancy) The more I fight it, the faster I sink, but when I lie back and look up, I’m able to keep my head above water. J

No comments:

Post a Comment