Monday, March 28, 2011

Beyond Statistics

'I'd rather have it because it lasts longer, statistically speaking'
             
                   For those of you who know me personally, you've probably heard me utter these words in regards to a living donor - transplant.  It's true -- statistically speaking, the odds are far more favorable for living organ transplants as oposed to deceased donor.  I have the numbers memorized.  You might say, I'm a stats junkie. Here are the most recent stats to whirl round my head:
  • Five '5 years' - it's the approximate life span of a dialysis patient
  • Ten '10 years' - the average life of a deceased donor kidney
  • Twenty '20 years' - the average life of a living donor kidney
Its so super easy to get sucked up in the number crunching game that all this can become, but it was in the midst of a quiet moment this last week, when God stripped away every other distraction & pelted me with the calming assurance that He is so much bigger than any statistics.  He was here before the math and He's be here long after.  It's nice to know I can place my assurance in Him...
--V

No comments:

Post a Comment