Thursday, January 23, 2014

I received some questions in relationship to my post. I've tried to hit the high points and answer them as best I can while still respecting Megan's privacy.  [Why is Megan not eligible?]   Recent test results were red flagged by my transplant team.  Looking out for her best interest, the transplant team felt it would benefit her to keep both her kidneys.  I would never want my improved health to come at the cost of hers. [Does that mean permanently not eligible?] This decision is permanent - Megan's no longer eligible to donate a kidney, this won't change.  [How long will you have to wait for word on the trial?]  I have no idea about the trial, the nurse did mention that there was the slight possibility that if a person were to come forward with interest in donating I (and they) could possibly be worked up quickly and still qualify for the study within their time parameters  -- I don't know when I will find out this for sure. [Did you just find out today?]   Yep (9:46AM) 
Hope that answers some of your questions (or perhaps that's more than you ever wanted to know, in that case - sorry )  

No comments:

Post a Comment