Monday, January 31, 2011

The Princess and the Pee

I spent my weekend preparing for a Peritoneal Efficiency Test (PET).  One of the items I needed to complete prior to the test was a 24-hour urine collection.  Not too glamorous, eh? Well if that disturbs you, imagine my enthusiasm each time I open the refrigerator and spot the oh-so-inconspicuous orange jug…lemonade, it is not…  Oh, well, I digress….
Anyways. When my 24-hours came to an end I was surprised at the near non-existence of urine.  This made me sad, for two reasons.  Laugh all you want, but filling that jug has always been a source of pride for me and decreased urine output is a classic sign of end-stage renal disease.  It was just another reminder of my disease’s progression.  It was at that moment that I realized... that makes me the word’s best travel buddy… BRING ON THE ROADTRIPS and detour the rest stops!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm game! Where we goin?! I can hold it for a long time! Lol Prayers for you, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say what Jodes said....Lets go! I have two little ones so we would have to stop all the time anyway ;) Still Praying!

    ReplyDelete